In this digital age, it’s more important than ever for businesses and brands to create instant, unique and compelling content to compete for consumers’ interest. If you want to create a buzz around an upcoming event, Facebook Live is a tool to broadcast live video via Facebook to your followers to engage with viewers and grow your audience in a low-cost manner. You don’t need fancy cameras or video editing skills, although you can, of course, go that route if you’d prefer. If you have a big event, Facebook Live can be an excellent opportunity to provide sneak peeks into the setup of your event or some behind-the-scenes action. Get your viewers excited about what’s to come!
Despite the casual and spontaneous nature of Facebook Live, you’ll still want to make sure you plan ahead and have a strategy in place before you start. Here are some of our best tips:
- Make sure you have good Wi-Fi, adequate lighting and limited background noise. Do a test with your phone’s video to get an idea of how your video will look to viewers and make adjustments accordingly
- Prepare an announcement in advance (at least a day) on your Facebook event page or Facebook business page
- Fill out the description area of
the Facebook Live broadcast with compelling copy. Be sure to include:
- the event name and location
- tagging for special guests
- a clear call to action
- Engage with the audience/viewers during the broadcast and afterward. You can mention viewers by name during the broadcast and then respond to their comments under the video later
- Broadcast at least 10 minutes but less than 4 hours. Facebook recommends that 10-minute minimum to give your viewers time to find you
Here are Facebook’s guides to set up a live broadcast and schedule a live broadcast. Overall, Facebook Live is an opportunity for your event to grow. If you’re interested in planning an event and need help with Facebook Live or any aspect of it, connect with eCubed Events today. We’d love to talk with you about your event goals and how we can help you achieve them.