Planning your event, finding the space and setting up keynote speakers is only part of what’s involved in throwing a large event. Another part that can’t be overlooked is promoting your event. Because what’s an event without people?
- Engage. Email campaigns, social media and advertising. These are the three avenues to engage with your guests before the event. Don’t speak AT your audience but engage them. Tell a story to engage with your audience. Insider stories and in-the-moment and behind-the-scenes insights will help people connect with your event.
- Innovation. What makes your event so different from others? Offer a one-of-a-kind experience for your guests. Introduce the latest industry technology or perhaps a session on the history of your industry. Maybe create an industry-themed escape room. Plan a secret or VIP session.
- Invite special guests. Find inspiring speakers in your industry to generate interest and excitement for your event. If you don’t have the budget for a big name, find someone who can engage an audience, speak from the heart and share valuable insights.
- Timing. How early should you announce your event? Whatever your timeline, create a plan and measure out your milestones. Announce your event, and then keep that flow of information and buzz going. Don’t let it fizzle out.
- Create a FB group and event. Create buzz by setting up a Facebook group and event page for your event so you can share info, guests can ask questions and others can see your upcoming schedule. Create energy and excitement while also nurturing people’s interest and give them something to look forward to.
- Provide a compelling argument. Offer your potential guests a letter to download or print to convince their employers to foot the bill and send them to your event. Or create an infographic that displays the benefits of attending your event.
If you’re interested in planning an event and need help promoting it, connect with eCubed Events today. We’d love to talk with you about your event goals and how we can help you achieve them.